As we continue to announce all the great new features in ClusterControl we have been developing for MongoDB we always want to take a moment to look back at some of the top content from the recent past that can help you securely deploy and manage your MongoDB instances.
Top MongoDB Blogs
Over the past year Severalnines has been developing blog content targeted at helping the MySQL DBA learn about MongoDB and how to integrate it into their database infrastructures. In our blog series “Become a MongoDB DBA (if you’re really a MySQL DBA)” we covered an array of topics to help you maximize your MongoDB knowledge
- MongoDB Provisioning and Deployment If you are a MySQL DBA you may ask yourself why you would install MongoDB? That is actually a very good question as MongoDB and MySQL were in a flame-war a couple of years ago. But there are many cases where you simply have to.
- MongoDB: The Basics of Configuration This blog covers configuration of MongoDB, especially around ReplicaSet, security, authorization, SSL and HTTP / REST api.
- MongoDB: Monitoring and Trending Part 1 Part 2 These blogs will give a primer in monitoring MongoDB: how to ship metrics using free open source tools. Part two will deep dive into monitoring MongoDB, what metrics to pay attention to and why.
- MongoDB: Backing Up Your Data How to make a good backup strategy for MongoDB, what tools are available and what you should watch out for.
- MongoDB: Recovering Your Data This blog covered how to recover MongoDB using a backup.
- MongoDB: How to Scale Reads The first in the series on how to scale MongoDB
- MongoDB: Sharding Ins and Outs Part 1 Part 2 These blogs cover how to shard your MongoDB databases and the theory behind it. How to monitor the shards to make sure they are performing, and that data is distributed evenly between your shards and how to consistently backup your data across shards.
Top MongoDB Webinars
If you are in the mood for some deep dives into the technical world of MongoDB check out our top MongoDB webinar replays below and make sure to signup for our next webinar “How to Secure MongoDB” scheduled for March 14, 2017
- Become a MongoDB Webinar So, maybe you’ve been working with MySQL for a while and are now being asked to also properly maintain one or more MongoDB instances. It is not uncommon that MySQL DBAs, developers, network/system administrators or DevOps folks with general backgrounds, find themselves in this situation at some point in time. In fact, with more organisations operating polyglot environments, it’s starting to become commonplace.
- What to Monitor in MongoDB Webinar To operate MongoDB efficiently, you need to have insight into database performance. And with that in mind, we’ll dive into monitoring in this second webinar in the ‘Become a MongoDB DBA’ series. MongoDB offers many metrics through various status overviews and commands, but which ones really matter to you? How do you trend and alert on them? What is the meaning behind the metrics?
- Scaling and Sharding with MongoDB Webinar In this third webinar of the ‘Become a MongoDB DBA’ series, we’ve focused on scaling and sharding your MongoDB setup.
- Management and Automation of MongoDB Clusters This webinar gives you the tools to more effectively manage your MongoDB cluster, immediately. The presentation includes code samples and a live Q&A session.
The recent ransom hack has shown a vulnerability in default deployments of MongoDB. While ClusterControl solves these issues by automatically providing the security people need to stay protected here are some other blogs we previously released to help keep you secure.
- How to Secure MongoDB from Ransomware – 10 Tips Need tips on how to secure your MongoDB setup and protect yourself against ransomware? We have collected ten tips that are easy to follow and execute on your MongoDB databases.
- Secure MongoDB and Protect Yourself from the Ransom Hack Recently, several attackers were able to break into thousands of MongoDB systems, wipe the databases and leave a ransom note. This could have been prevented if those in charge would have followed some standard security procedures. This blog post describes how to protect yourself from MongoDB ransomware. What is it, why is it a problem and what can you do to protect yourself against it?
Using MongoDB with ClusterControl
The ClusterControl team has spent the last year developing a full array of expanded features for MongoDB to provide developers and DBAs an alternative system for deploying and managing their infrastructures. Here are some useful resources for deploying and managing MongoDB using ClusterControl.
We have a lot more exciting and technical content for MongoDB in the works so follow us on our ClusterControl LinkedIn Page for even more information.