The replay of our webinar on monitoring PostgreSQL for performance is now available to watch online
- PostgreSQL offers many metrics through various status overviews and commands, but which ones really matter?
- How do I trend and alert on them?
- What is the meaning behind these metrics?
- And what are some of the most common causes for performance problems in production?
During this webinar we discussed this and more in ordinary, plain DBA language. We also took a look at some of the tools available for PostgreSQL monitoring and trending; and demonstrated how to leverage ClusterControl’s PostgreSQL metrics, dashboards, custom alerting and other features to track and optimize the performance of your system.
- PostgreSQL architecture overview
- Performance problems in production
- Common causes
- Key PostgreSQL metrics and their meaning
- Tuning for performance
- Performance monitoring tools
- Impact of monitoring on performance
- How to use ClusterControl to identify performance issues
Sebastian Insausti has loved technology since his childhood, when he did his first computer course using Windows 3.11. And from that moment he was decided on what his profession would be. He has since built up experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, HAProxy, WAF (ModSecurity), Linux (RedHat, CentOS, OL, Ubuntu server), Monitoring (Nagios), Networking and Virtualization (VMWare, Proxmox, Hyper-V, RHEV). He’s also a speaker and has given a few talks locally on InnoDB Cluster and MySQL Enterprise together with an Oracle team.
This webinar builds upon a related blog post by Sebastian: https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-cheat-sheet-postgresql.
We look forward to “seeing” you there!