If you have any questions or concerns about the way we use your data, you may contact us via [email protected]
Sources of recruitment personal data
We may collect your personal data from the following sources:
– Personal recruitment data provided by you – for the most part, we collect personal data directly from you during the recruitment process. You provide us with data, for example, when you send us your application through our application form.
– Personal data collected from publicly available services (e.g., LinkedIn, Job Boards) – We may collect your personal data from publicly available services, such as LinkedIn or other social media services. This applies mainly with respect to Candidates who we are actively contacting in connection with introducing our open positions. Please note that we may use search engines to collect your public profile data from publicly available services. You can restrict search engines from accessing your public profile by changing certain profile settings or by removing the personal data available on such services.
– References from former employers or educational institutions – During the recruitment process, we may also collect your data from references such as your former employers or educational institutions.
– Background check – as part of our hiring process at Severalnines, we conduct a background check on all potential employees. This is a standard procedure that involves verifying the information provided on your application and ensuring that you meet the requirements for the position. The background check includes a criminal record check, education verification, and reference checks. In order to proceed with the background check, we kindly ask you to answer specific questions related to your employment history and education. We will accept information about evidence, but in the case that it is not true, disciplinary measures (such as termination of contract) will be executed.
The purpose of processing and storing recruitment personal data
We process and store your data because of following reasons:
– Evaluating and finding suitable Candidates – we process your personal data to evaluate your potential and to identify you as a suitable Candidate for one of our open positions. The processing in this regard includes categorizing and evaluating your suitability for open positions by using certain criteria with respect to professional attributes and skills when performing searches from publicly available services.
– Informing and offering open positions to suitable Candidates – We process your personal data, as a Candidate, to inform and offer our open positions to you. The processing in this regard may also include contacting suitable Candidates about new open positions via email or other communication channels.
– Managing the recruitment process and Candidate evaluation to reach to hire an employee – We process your personal data for the purposes of storing, reviewing and managing job applications as part of our recruitment process. Furthermore, we process personal data to communicate with, and to carry out the evaluation, selection and appointment of the Applicant. We may also carry out reference checks.
– Communicating new open positions – if you are not selected to the position applied, we may further process your personal data to inform you about similar open positions at Severalnines.
With whom do we share your recruitment personal data?
– Our internal stakeholders directly engaged into specific recruitment (e.g. Hiring Manager, technical interviewers)
– Third-party service providers, including but not limited to, data storage, data management and recruitment service providers (e.g. Application Tracking System as a place to store your recruitment data)
– Courts, counterparties etc., as required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
– To the extent required and necessary, competent authorities if we are obligated under law to disclose data; and
– Prospective sellers or buyers if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets
Where do we store your recruitment personal data?
We store personal data on servers located in the European Union (“EU”). However, some of our service providers or subsidiaries may be based outside the EU, including the United States of America, so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of personal data outside the EU.
How long do we store your recruitment personal data?
With respect to you as an Applicant, personal data are retained for the duration of the recruitment process. After the selection decision has been made, non-selected Applicants personal data are retained for a maximum period of 3 years in order to be able to communicate new open positions as well as for safeguarding our legitimate interests in establishing, executing or defending possible legal claims.
Please note that if you are hired as a result of your application, some of the personal data collected as part of the recruitment process may be transferred to your personnel file.
Recruitment personal data – Candidate’s rights
As a Candidate, you have certain rights in relation to the processing of your personal data. You have the right to:
– Access your personal data;
– Update incorrect or incomplete personal data;
– Object to the processing of personal data;
– Erase your personal data;
– Restrict the use of your personal data;
– Withdraw your consent.
Should you wish to exercise your above-mentioned rights, please send a request to us at [email protected]
In case you exercise your rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us. See below for contact details: