Come join the revolution as we help developers and enterprises build and move their databases to the cloud. The IDC estimates the database market will be $119B by 2025 and the fastest growing segment is DBaaS.
Be part of this titanic shift, be part of the revolution, come join Severalnines and make a difference. A career at Severalnines means working alongside some of the smartest and most talented people in the open source database world.
We’re headquartered in Kalmar, Sweden, and all work remotely from our home offices. Join us and be part of a company that’s building the next generation cloud services and automation for SQL and NoSQL open source databases – be it on-premises or in the cloud.
Position and team overview
This position requires advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities. You will work remotely as there is no central office, and most of us work from home. You will also take part in on-call rotation.
Our support team is dedicated to helping and educating people who use our flagship product, ClusterControl. Whether our colleagues are working on troubleshooting a complex customer issue, teaching someone how to use a feature or discussing new feature requests with our development team, they can always be found going above and beyond the call of duty. Our customers and users are their main priority at all times and we’re looking for someone with an equally customer-focused mind-set.
Please note that working hours for this role are from 15:00 to 23:00 UTC.
- Providing support for our customers: identifying and debugging the problems in our software
- Understanding the state and the configuration of the databases ClusterControl manages
- Taking care of the internal infrastructure – website and related load balancers and databases
- Providing help to our sales team by assisting them in the technical calls with prospects and customers
- Assisting prospects and customers in diagnosing the issues with their database and proxy layer
- As part of the pre-sales discussion, you may be asked to provide your insight and suggestions about the architecture of the database infrastructure, either existing or planned
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL in production environments
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL Clustering and Replication (Galera, async/semi)
- MySQL and/or troubleshooting, configuration and query tuning
- Experience with database design, administration and architecture
- Experience with NoSQL databases in production environments (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase)
- Experience with AWS administration in production environments
- 3+ years of experience with Linux systems administration
- Expertise in virtualization technologies (e.g. docker, xen, AWS EC2, vmware)
- Knowledge of mid/large data center environments
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of bash scripting
- Experience in working remotely from home and collaborating with team members located in other countries
- Fluent written/spoken English skills
Nice to have:
- Advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL High Availability
- Experience with configuration management like chef, puppet or ansible
- Experience with ProxySQL, HAProxy, Keeaplived, PGBouncer and other load balancers
- Programming and scripting abilities: knowledge of PHP, python and/or other languages
What we offer:
- B2B contract with full-time employee benefits
- Annual bonus based on company results
- 2,000USD budget to setup and maintain your virtual office (PC, Notebook, Headset, etc.)
- 4 weeks paid vacation annually
- Paid public holidays in your country
- You can work from anywhere
- Offsite team meetings at least two times per year
- You can learn about the most advanced ways to deploy and monitor database clusters
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields