Please note that the position is 100% remote and we are open for candidates from around the world.
Severalnines provides automation and management software for open source database clusters. We help companies deploy their databases in any environment, and manage all operational aspects to achieve high-scale availability.
We’re headquartered in Kalmar, Sweden, and all work remotely from our home offices around the world. Join us and be part of a company that’s building the next generation cloud services and automation for SQL and NoSQL open-source databases – be it on-premises or in the cloud.
Severalnines is looking for a seasoned QA to take the lead on a test architecture of our on-premise flagship product and isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. We are looking for someone passionate enough to enjoy coming up with different possible test scenarios and putting together the most efficient test matrix to raise the product’s quality to another level. You are the one if you believe QA shouldn’t only write E2E tests in the Web UI.
This role requires programming skills to be able to directly contribute to the improvement of our automated testing infrastructure, and work on extending it. You must be comfortable using Bash and Python.
It would be awesome to see you share the same interest for databases as we do 🙂
- Setting technical direction for testing backend part of our on-premise product
- Designing, developing and executing automation scripts using open source tools
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Creating detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identifying, recording and track bugs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- What we’re looking for:
- Proven working (5+) experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Linux background (administration, Bash)
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in writing clear, detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Experience with virtualization
- Good written/spoken English skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with test management tools such as TestRail or similar is a plus
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc) is a plus
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence or similar is a plus
- Experience working with Gherkin-based BDD tools like Cucumber or similar is a plus
- Experience with Git is a plus
- Ability to understand C++ code is a bonus
Technologies that we currently use:
C++, React, Python, Jenkins, and Git.
What we offer:
- We offer the B2B contract with full-time employee benefits
- Annual bonus based on company results
- 2,000USD budget to setup and maintain your virtual office (PC, Notebook, Headset, etc.)
- 4 weeks paid vacation annually
- Paid public holidays in your country
- You can work from anywhere
- Flexible working arrangements (up to you and your team)
- Offsite team meetings at least two times per year
- You can learn about the most advanced ways to deploy and monitor database clusters
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields