Looking to join a vibrant startup with the security of an established team and product?
We're looking for a great support engineer to join our support team. Our support team is dedicated to helping and educating people who use our flagship product, ClusterControl. Whether our colleagues are working on troubleshooting a complex customer issue, teaching someone how to use a feature or discussing new feature requests with our development team, they can always be found going above and beyond the call of duty. Our customers and users are their main priority at all times and we’re looking for someone with an equally customer-focussed mind-set.
This position requires advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities. You will work remotely as there is no central office, and most of us work from their homes.
What we're looking for:
5 years experience with MySQL in production environments
Advanced knowledge of MySQL Clustering and Replication
- MySQL Replication (async/semi)
- MySQL troubleshooting, configuration and query tuning
Experience with database design, administration and architecture
Experience with NoSQL databases in production environments
- For example MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak
Experience with AWS and/or OpenStack administration in production environments
3 years experience with Linux systems administration
- OS, network, filesystems and hardware configuration/tuning/troubleshooting
- Expertise in virtualization technologies (docker, xen, AWS EC2, vmware for example)
- Knowledge of mid/large data center environments
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of bash scripting
- Experience with configuration management like chef, puppet or ansible is a plus
- Experience with HAProxy, Keeaplived and other load balancers is a plus.
Programming and scripting abilities
- php, python and other languages is a plus
Experience in working remotely from home and collaborating with team members located in other countries
Excellent written/spoken English skills
Technologies that we currently use:
- RDBMS: MySQL, MariaDB Galera Cluster, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Codership Galera Cluster, MySQL Cluster (NDB), MySQL Replication and PostgreSQL
- NoSQL: MongoDB
- Loadbancers: HAProxy
- OS: Ubuntu/Debian, Redhat/Centos, Amazon Linux
Classic LAMP stack
AWS and OpenStack
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and links to your github and/or LinkedIn profiles.