Thanks to everyone who joined us for our recent live webinar on ‘Schema Changes for MySQL Replication & Galera Cluster’ led by Krzysztof Książek, Senior Support Engineer at Severalnines. The replay and slides to the webinar are now available to watch and read online via the links below.
Watch the replay
Read the slides
- Different methods to perform schema changes on MySQL Replication and Galera
- Rolling schema change
- Online alters
- External tools, e.g., pt-online-schema-change
- Differences between MySQL 5.5 and 5.6
- Differences between MySQL Replication vs Galera
- Example real-life scenarios with MySQL Replication and Galera setups
Krzysztof Książek, Senior Support Engineer at Severalnines, is a MySQL DBA with experience managing complex database environments for companies like Zendesk, Chegg, Pinterest and Flipboard. This webinar builds upon recent blog posts and related webinar series by Krzysztof on how to become a MySQL DBA.
For further blogs in this series visit: http://www.severalnines.com/blog-categories/db-ops