Check Out Our Latest Technical Resources for MySQL, MariaDB & MongoDB Clusters
Here is a summary of resources & tools that we’ve made available to you in the past weeks. If you have any questions on these, feel free to contact us!
New Technical Webinar
If you are in DevOps, you will know that deploying and managing databases has its challenges! Monitoring, managing schema changes and pushing them in production, performance optimizations, configurations, version upgrades, backups; these are all aspects to consider – preferably before going live!
In this new webinar, we will walk you through 9 key tips to consider before specifically taking Galera Cluster into production. So if you are in devops, then this webinar is for you ;-)
Technical Webinar - Replay
If you missed this webinar with our guest speaker from HAProxyTechnologies (or would just like to view it again), it’s online on demand.
Watch this replay to learn about what HAProxy can tell you about your application and database instances. And understand the difference between short-lived connections and persistent database connections, and how they affect the performance and availability of your applications.
Exciting times for us in September, as we announced the release of ClusterControl 1.2.8!
With this release we introduced a whole range of features that complement the already extensive range of functionalities provided by ClusterControl. Some of the highlights include:
- Deployment and scaling of single-instance MySQL, MariaDB and MongoDB
- YUM/APT repositories for ClusterControl
- Alerts and incident tracking with PagerDuty
- New flexible alarms/email notification system
- Cluster-wide MySQL User Management
- New default dashboards for MySQL/MariaDB
- Puppet Module for ClusterControl
We published a whole range of technical blogs in the past couple of months. Find them listed here and feel free to let us know your feedback on them!
- Database Automation - Private DBaaS for MySQL, MariaDB and MongoDB with ClusterControl
- How to Manage All Your MySQL or MariaDB Databases
- How to change AWS instance sizes for your Galera Cluster and optimize performance
- Announcing Severalnines Package Repository
- Puppet Module for ClusterControl - Adding Management and Monitoring to your Existing Database Clusters
- Tweaking MySQL Galera Cluster to handle large databases - open_files_limit
- PagerDuty Incident Alerting for ClusterControl
- mysqldump or Percona XtraBackup? Backup Strategies for MySQL Galera Cluster
- Integrating ClusterControl with FreeIPA and Windows Active Directory for Authentication
We’d love to meet as many of you as possible of course to discuss your database management needs and questions. Here is where you can find some of the Severalnines team members over the coming weeks. We look forward to talking to you.
Attending | OpenStack Summit | Paris | Nov 4-6, 2014
We will be in the sponsors area at the Percona booth E20; do come and say hello!
Sponsor | Percona Live MySQL Conference | London | Nov 3-4, 2014
Meet our team in the Expo Hall to discuss & view our deployment and management tools for MySQL, MariaDB & MongoDB. More information.
We trust these resources are useful. If you have any questions on them or on related topics, please do contact us!
Your Severalnines Team